Hil’s Place is the perfect base
Visit Bellingen for the markets (held on the third Saturday of each month), the plant market or the many arts and music events, such as the Jazz Festival and Camp Creative. Click here for details of coming events.
If you’d like to get out and about, within a 10–30 minute drive from Bellingen you can:
- visit the country town of Dorrigo, with its rainforest walks and tree-top walkway
- have a coffee, browse the shops or enjoy the beach at Sawtell
- have a walk on the delightful boardwalk or go surfing at Urunga
- drive the Promised Land loop at Glennifer
- have a bushwalk or picnic in Bongil Bongil National Park.
Bellingen is known and loved for the wonderfully diverse ranges of traditional and alternative expressions, including:
- handmade leather goods
- gift shops
- the local museum
If you’re feeling active, things to do in Bellingen include:
- tennis (the courts are an easy stroll from Hil’s Place)
- lawn bowls
- canoeing – Bellinger River Canoe Adventures